Friday, February 24, 2017

The Naturopathic Doctor
Duties and Responsibilities:
A naturopathic doctor is a  doctor who provides care and treatment based on natural healing processes. Like many other doctors, a naturopathic doctor identifies, diagnoses, and treats patient for their conditions. As most common routines as naturopathic doctor are:’
  • Meeting with patients
  • Examining patients
  • Performing tests
  • Follow up monitoring of patient (if needed)
  • Discussing treatment options
  • Designing treatment plans
Salary: $80,000-$90,000
Education:
In order to become a Naturopathic Doctor, one must:
  • Obtain your bachelor’s degree
  • Receive your medical degree from a well approved school
  • Complete a graduate-level program in Naturopathic Medicine
  • Pass the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations (NPLEX)
  • Fulfill state licensure requirements
  • Participate in residency program

Demand or Need for this profession:
The employment outlook for this profession is seen to grow by 12% from the years 2014-2024.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
I don't think I would like to be one, this is due to the fact that I would first like to watch my health before others. This would only help me understand and see what I can do to help the patients I would have. Naturally this is an interesting career. Although I do not see myself being passionate about this career.

No comments:

Post a Comment