Friday, January 13, 2017

LPN

(Licensed Practical Nurse)

Duties and Responsibilities:

  • Monitor the patient’s health
  • Check blood pressure
  • Basic care(inserting catheters and/or changing bandages)
  • Provide basic comfort
  • Assist the patient when he/she bathes / and or dresses

Salary: $43,170

Education:

To become a Licensed practical nurse, a certificate may be required. This requirement varies in different states. Many take educational programs that provides them with basic nursing skills. The programs would take about a year to complete, they also must be accredited in order to qualify for the necessary licensure exam. As the students would take courses in:
  • Basic Nursing
  • Medical Terminology
  • Infection Control
  • Lifespan health care
  • Pharmacology

Demand or Need for this profession:

The occupancy of this career is expected to increase by 16% from the years 2014 to 2024.

Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

No, I do not think I would like to be one. I love to help others, mainly kids. I love kids, so if I were to become one I would like to work in a children’s hospital. I think I would have more patience when it comes to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment