Friday, January 20, 2017


“Make Your Passion Your Profession”

Battery/Drumline Instructor
received_1167194206680461.jpeg     As an after-school activity I joined my school marching band. I am a member of the school drumline and percussion. I have already played two drums of the three. The drum that I first played was the bass drum. My second year I had transferred over to the quad toms/tenor drums. This coming year I am trying out for section leader, as being one of the only three past members. I love playing percussion, the drum may get heavy once or twice but I love it. I learned really fast for my first year, and I’m starting to teach the new recruits. I would love to teach professional percussion, it seems very interesting and I feel I would enjoy being around something I used to be a part of.
received_1157458504320698.jpegI can make this passion my profession by using the things I have learned in my four years in my high school drumline. I may also learn in the next years further in college. There are marching bands for some colleges, and I feel that I would a have the patience for this, maybe to eventually play with some students. Although I may also join drum corp international, but there is an age limit to be a part of this group. The ages allowed in Drum Corp International would be of ages 21 and younger.  Being that every time I play I learn something new and get better.
There are no education requirements that are known. Although it is best to have experience and have knowledge on all parts of percussion. As to know how to play and read the music for each drum, along with marking time(marching) while playing.
I would do most things for my passions. But this may be a secondary career, as it depends to what extent the instructor is needed. I love drumline, it is something I will never forget, as it was a nice opportunity to have. I’d be glad to give someone else a chance to have the awesome experience I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment