Friday, April 21, 2017

Optometry Technician or Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
An optometry technician/assistant works with optometrist in practice. As they aid in carrying out treatments and eye exams. An optometry technician/assistant typically works in an optometrist's office, but can also be employed in clinics and facilities based on eye care. Their daily activities involve:
  • Testing patient's acuity
  • Determining depth perception
  • Testing pressure inside the eye
  • Examining color vision and pupil reflexes
  • Prepare exam schedules
  • Prepare examination rooms
  • Assist in repairing glasses as well as making
  • Clean equipment
Salary: $30,590
Education:
A high school diploma is required in order to practice this profession. As well as attend and pass an optometric training program for 2 years. Receiving an associate degree will make one more competitive when seeking employment.
Demand or Need for this profession:
This profession is seen to increase by 25% from the years 2014-2024.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

I don’t think I would like to be one, as it is not suited for me. I would like to do more things in my career. I know there is more I can do, I also want to work with children. It would be nice to help them and be there for them, as I know it would take patience and positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment