Monday, June 5, 2017

Mount Saint Mary’s University
I chose this university as a topic because I was sent a letter. I did further research on this school and found that they have majors in psychology. This was the first letter I have received from any university, and when conducting more research I found out how interesting this college is. As far as now I am considering this to be one of the main colleges I would want to apply and attend to. It is in Los Angeles, which would be a benefit to me, also it would be a great opportunity for me to have a chance to possibly apply to this university. This university offers courses involving psychology as well as counseling, which is what I am looking for in a university.

Mount Saint Mary’s University is a private university primarily for women. It is known that 95% of the first-year undergraduate class is of women. There are 2 campuses known as both are 16 miles apart, with one being in Brentwood, and the other being in North University Park, near Downtown Los Angeles. This university offers 20+ undergraduate majors, as well as 30+ minors. Those who are accepted into the university usually have a 3.0-3.5 B/B+ average. Mount Saint Mary’s University also is Catholic university as well. Allowing those who are religious to be comfortable in this university. This university was founded in 1650, in Le Puy France. In 1925, the university was established and welcomed students of all faiths. This school offers a leadership group, as well as groups involved in the catholic faith. This university also offers evening and weekend classes for those students who work or have a busy schedule. Since this university was founded it has graduated over 17,000 students. With the student body being approx. 2,900 students. With the campus having a ministry as well as a women’s leadership. This university allows women to excel and challenge themselves to be the best in the environment of Mount Saint Mary’s University.

No comments:

Post a Comment