Monday, December 5, 2016

Challenges Teens Face Today

Teens deal with many challenges throughout their high school years. As many face the peer pressure of taking drugs, drinking alcohol, and being in a group that is a bad influence. Some teens may also face challenges like:
  • Relationships
  • Cyber-bullying
  • Video games (distractions)
  • Depression
  • Abuse
  • Bullying at school
  • Disabilities
  • Academic struggles
  • Low-self esteem
As these challenges are hard to face, some teens eventually give up. There are some cases when one is bullied they then later have suicidal thoughts and begin hurting themselves. Although there are also many health involved challenges one can face. This can involve your stability mentally and physically.
Today I face distractions and academic struggles. Although I don't have a hard time on any subject in confusion, I just have been absent those days of class. This causes me to not have the full lesson like other students. I also struggle to have time in order to make up work. This is also because I can’t make up the work as easier as other students. As for my distractions, it comes to my phone and how much I use it instead of doing work. I need to keep track of my work more than anything else. So I have been making time for my work more than my own phone.
Being a CTR person helps an individual overcome these challenges by setting priorities. Setting your own priorities will allow you to be organized, making it easier for you to do your work. As other times it's best to also do your school-work first than to be on social media. Being a CTR person would also allow you to comprehend what is better for you, as well as others.
I would be there for those facing challenges. If they were to need help, I would do my best to make what they struggle with easier. I know I may be limited, but I will do the best of my ability to help those who need anything. I will always be there if anyone needs me.
The greatest need a teen has would be to have someone there. It wouldn’t have to be a whole group of “friends”, it can only be at least one person. Many people today may only have that one person, and he/or she is there to help. But, it allows us teenagers to understand that we’re not alone. As there are times a teen feels that way, unless that ONE person tells you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment