Thursday, December 1, 2016

Health Sciences Librarian
Duties and Responsibilities:
Health sciences librarian assist in finding medical documents. As this pertains to clinical trials, medical treatments or procedures. The medical librarian is to provide any pertinent information that is relevant and needed in the situation. These types of librarians use reference and database in order to research for any medical information. As they can work in medical school libraries, corporations, non-profit organizations, or government agencies.
Salary: $56,880
Education: Master’s Degree- training in sciences, health, or medicine
Demand or Need for this profession:
From the period  of 2014-2024 it is seen that the employment rate would grow by 2%. As the retirement of older librarians would give opportunities and allow improvement.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
No I would not like to be one, as this job does not suit me. I wouldn't like to only provide information needed for others. I find that I myself can do more than be a medical librarian. I would like to help others and do other things. I also wouldn’t be able to sit still at all. So there’s the downside to me and this occupation. As it wouldn’t be suited for me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment