Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Operating Room Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
An operating room technician assists the operating team by preparing the needed room for the patient. As well as monitor the patient's vital signs, they are also to clean up after the procedure has been completed and finished.

Salary: $44,330
Education:
With this occupation not a state regulated profession, many employers do look for any certification of or technicians. Candidates for this profession must be a graduate from an accredited program. With the need to renew certification every 4-5 years by continuing to complete education.  
Demand or Need for this Profession:
Demand for operating room technicians is seen to grow by 15% within the years of 2014-2024. This is due to the increased population as well as aging. With the need of employees to work 40 hours a week and willing to be on-call for any needed emergencies.
Reflection: Do you think you would to be one? Why? Why not?

I do not think I would like to be one, as it is overwhelming. I would be exhausted and will never be able to make time for myself. Which I know I will need at one point, I respect those in this profession. As they have patience and determination. Which is a very difficult thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment