Friday, March 24, 2017

Optician
Duties and Responsibilities:
An optician helps their patients fit their contact lenses. This is done after the optician receives a prescription from the ophthalmologist and/or  optometrist. They assist and help their customer or patient decide which eye contact lenses to buy, sometimes even frames.
Salary:$29,350-$39,380
Education:
In order to become an optician, a high school diploma is needed(or the equivalent). On-job training would be needed, which includes instruction. In training sales and office management practices are learned. This type of training and assistance would typically last about 2 years.
Demand or Need for this Profession:
The occupation is seen to grow by 24% from the years 2014-2024. The growth in the aging population is seen to begin a greater demand for eye caring professions.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
I think I would not like to be one. I have already chosen my future career. I would like to be an art therapist, and this career seemed to have surprised me. It is a rather interesting career, but I don’t think this career is well suited for my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment