Friday, March 10, 2017

Ophthalmologist
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ophthalmologists are doctors who treat diseases and conditions that affect the eye. Known to be general "eye doctors", but the ophthalmologist performs any eye surgeries as well as treat diseases. An ophthalmologist can also examine eyes and, prescribe contact lenses or glasses if needed.  
Salary: $197,700
Education:  
Medical school completion, with a 3-8 years internship/ residency. To practice this profession a state license is require.
Demand or Need for this profession:
The outlook of this occupation is seen to grow  by 14% from the years if 2014-2024.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

I think it would be interesting to become one, but I would also find it challenging. An ophthalmologist would have to be patient, and very passionate about their profession. I have already decided on my future career, as I would love to work with children. I would love a career involving children because I feel I have that kind of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment