Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Fashion Designer
Duties and Responsibilities:
A fashion designer creates original clothing, accessories, and footwear. This is all done through their decision of which fabrics and patterns to use. As well as the instruction of how the pieces are made. The daily activity of a fashion may consist of:
  • Keeping an update to the latest fashion trends
  • Prepare and maintain what appeals to those who are consumers
  • Visit manufacturers in order to obtain more fabric
  • Working with other designers or fellow team members to create more designs
  • Oversee the final productions
  • Choose which fabrics, embellishments, colors for each piece
Salary: $65,170
Education:
Many fashion designers have obtained a bachelor’s degree in fashion merchandising as well as fashion design. They learn how to use computer-aid design(CAD).
Demand for this particular career:
When working in this field, one must have an artistic ability. As well as good computer and communication skills. With this career, it is seen to increase by 3% from 2014-2024.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
I think I would like to be one, I love to sew and create new things. I have had experience in hand sewing and have always wanted to sew or design. I have an older cousin who had taken courses in fashion design as she was pursuing that career. This career overall interests me as I also love to draw. I feel that this career would suit my overwhelming mind😄.

No comments:

Post a Comment