Monday, May 1, 2017

Word of Honor

"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor'. I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first."
                                                                                               -Karl G. Maeser

This quote means how you must keep and maintain your word no matter what. Up until death when it is complete. When it comes to a promise, you know you must always keep to it until you have lived up to it. Many people disappoint others when they promise something or give their word but it never is the case. It is best that before you make a promise, you know if what you're saying is true. I personally can never make a promise unless I know I will never forget and I would surely live up to it. It is best to give someone your true and honest word as it is of good character. To keep your priorities aligned will also help you and aid you throughout your life. This also shows responsibility, as the outcomes will would be beneficial for you and the others you promised. As if it were to be the opposite, it would reflect on how you will be perceived. So it is best to make the promise you know that you will and can make, but also to never avoid trying your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment