Friday, May 19, 2017

Physical Therapist
Duties and Responsibilities:
A physical therapist helps those who are injured or sick and are in need of motion improvement. They also aid them when managing pain, usually they are a part of rehabilitation, prevention, and treatment. This is very common with chronic illnesses, conditions, and injuries. A physical therapist(or PT) also may have daily tasks such as:
  • Review their patients’ medical history
  • Review over any referrals or notes from doctors, surgeons, or other workers in healthcare
  • Develop plans outlining the patient’s needs
  • Use exercises, stretching, and hands-on therapy to help ease the patient’s pain
  • Evaluate and record progress
  • Educate families and patients of the recovery process and what to expect
Salary: $85,400
Education:
To become a physical therapist, you would need to have obtained a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (DPT). to practice, all states require for a physical therapist to be licensed. A bachelor’s degree is required, as well as the license.
Demand or Need for this profession:
It is seen that this career occupation is to increase by 34% from 2014 to 2024. Being a physical therapist requires compassion, and physical stamina. As well as interpersonal skills.  
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
I think I would like to be one, it seems very rewarding. I try my best to others, I like helping others when needed. I think this career is interesting, I remember my mom was a physical therapist when I was younger. It overall seemed interesting and it takes patience and social skills. I think this career would suit my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment