Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial, Day - Free images on Pixabay
This memorial day weekend, I went to visit my grandparents and my aunt in Gilroy. My aunt recently had a baby, he is now 2 months old and his name is Aaron. I met her husband-to-be, his name is Richard. The night we arrived at their house was Saturday, it was a 5 hour drive from Long Beach. On Sunday morning my aunt had made us breakfast and together we all went to a nearby wharf. It was called Fisherman’s Wharf, there they had more than 2 candy shops, restaurants, gift shops, and some musicians were playing and singing on the docks. After, we ate at a nearby restaurant called Benihana, there the food was cooked in front of us. The food was delicious, it was a Japanese style meal. Then for dessert, we went to a Ghirardelli shop to get ice cream. I got a scoop of cookies and cream with a sugar cone, which was so good. Even after that we went across the street where a candy shop was. The area is well known for it's salt-water taffy. We did so much on Sunday, Monday was a really calm day. We went to visit my grandparents at their jobs, at my grandpa’s job we got food. Since he is a cook at the restaurant where he works, he cooked our food. After that we were on our way. The drive to-and-back was at about 5 hours. It was not boring or irritating, eventually when we were nearby the house my dad bought us pizza and Starbucks. This past weekend was fun, and I enjoyed being with my family and I hope to go back to see them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment