Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Art Therapist
Duties and Responsibilities:
An art therapist works with many different clients. As they may work with students of any age. So me meeting may vary, sometimes they may meet in groups or one-on-one. An art therapist may work in medical fields like a community clinic, or even psychiatric hospitals. They usually help those who have a mental or even physical illness. Although an art therapist may have his/or her own practice, their clients come with a variety of needs. Like any other kind of therapist, they also perform assessments as well as create treatment plans and summary reports. It is common and known that art therapist have their own practices.  
Salary: $30,000-$80,000
Education:
Other than having a license and degree to perform this practice, you must have a passion for helping others. It is very crucial in this career to be patient as well as have good communication skills. But first, you have to achieve your Bachelor’s degree. These majors include studio art and psychology. Also there is to be internships with supervised experience with the clients and patients.
Demand for this particular career:
Although there are not many careers in this type of field, many may and are allowed to help the commnity. With these occupations increasing, most will not have the title of an art therapist. This career is projected to grow over time, although the title wouldn't be the same.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
Yes, I would love to become one! I am very interested in this career, as I feel I would have the heart and patience for this occupation. I also would love to work with children, and I love to help those who need anything. I found this career and was surprised by what they are to do in their daily tasks. From this I would really want to pursue this career from this moment on, and I hope to become one in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment