Friday, September 30, 2016

Emergency Medical Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are well known as paramedics. They are to care for the and/or injured in any emergency. These emergencies would mostly be in any medical setting as many lives depend on this fast or quick action to assist. EMTs are to respond to any emergency calls, perform medical services needed, as well as to transfer their patient to any medical facility when needed. Most EMTs are often seen beside police and firefighters in any emergency.
Salary: $31,980(median annual wage-2015)
Education:
To become an Emergency Medical Technician one must take postsecondary education programs. A license is required in all states although many other requirements may vary depending on the state of practice. Usually a high school diploma and a cardiopulmonary resuscitation(CPR) certification is required to be an EMT. Other programs would be needed as well, to complete these programs it can take from 1 to 2 years.
Demand or Need for this Profession:
The employment rate and occupation of this profession is seen to grow by 24%. This is said to occur in the years 2014-2024, as many emergencies have occurred in these years. This will create a higher demand for EMTs and paramedics with their services.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

I think I wouldn’t like to be one, as I fear the worst in things. I cannot see a person dying with my own eyes, or even to be in an accident. Many movies have affected and made me make this decision, and it would terrify me to know that I could’ve helped someone but was too late. So I feel its best mentally and emotionally not to have a career where i may feel guilt and sadness. I still respect those who work in this profession, as I see them as strong people who help those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment