Thursday, September 22, 2016

Dermatologist
Duties and Responsibilities:
Dermatologists are physicians who treat any conditions that are related to the skin. Some may also treat disorders involving the hair and nails. A visit to the dermatologist’s office may consist of :
  • Consultations
  • Physical exam
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Results
  • Treatments
  • Speaking about the patient's concerns
Salary:  $300,000(males)-$262,500(females)
Education:
To become a dermatologist, one must complete and earn their Bachelor’s degree. As well as attend medical school, becoming a medical doctor(MD). Take 1 year of internship for the required time of medical training. Finally to at least have an accredited dermatology residency of 3 years.
Demand or Need for this profession:
There is seen to be a high demand for this occupation. As this occupation is seen to grow by 18% from 2012-2022.
Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?
I don’t think I would like to be one, because I have conditions involving my skin as well. I wouldn't want to live in that irony, this would affect me as an employee in my occupation. So no, this professions seems to be well suited for others but I don't think it’s for me. As I have already considered another career for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment